Monday 25 July 2011

Paper Tigers

1. Plain White T's- Rhythm of love
This is proof bland mainstream music can progress into something a little better. This literally is the epitome of summer in a song for me. It was released in like September last year and I love it. The warm weather yesterday made it really feel like summer and I cannot wait to get down to Cornwall and surf. That is all. This is a really basic song that is to put it bluntly nice. better than their old stuff anyway. I like it and it sums up summer living for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWiwuiT58Yc&ob=av2e

2. Paper Tigers - Perth (Bon Iver cover)
Ahh dubstep. Usually ruins these sorts of songs with it's heavy, unforgiving beats but it rather compliments this song. I checked out his other stuff and it's pretty good as well. Really enhances the song. Of course the original is wonderful but this is a different take on it. It makes me feel very druggy and trance like. I'm going to be checking out lots more dubstep trance like things in the near future but watch this space...This is definitely one of the better artists in my opinion and keeps the authenticity and original intent of the song whilst making it exciting and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment