Thursday 7 July 2011

From Summer to Winter...

....both of which turned out to be a bit of a let down as you will see below...

1. Team Waterpolo-So Called Summer
I do believe this song got me through summer 2009. There was so much rain it was ridiculous, didn't feel like summer once so I just listened to this pretty much on repeat to remind myself it wasn't just me and to not go stir crazy over the lack of sun. I'm so sad this band have split up I really do think they had great prospects and had a good following of people who supported what they did. I hate it when this happens to bands, it's so sad for both them and the fans. We no longer get to hear their brilliant music and they no longer get to do what they appeared to enjoy. Anyway thanks to Myspace and Youtube they are immortalised, until the worldwideweb crashes and dies at least. Hahaa 29 views, how very depressing indeed.

2. Hyde and Beast- The trees are falling down
There is no evidence of these guys on youtube which is a shame but as they're brand spanking new I suppose it's fair enough. I actually found these guys thanks to this blog http://mybandsbetterthanyourband.wordpress.com/ so you can go on there and scroll down almost to the bottom and listen to the band, I would recommend it. Not only the song but the whole blog it's pretty special. Anyway this is like a freaky kind of trip music left over from the seventies. It's very strange yet slightly mesmerising at the same time. Crazy, but well worth a listen and a little of your time.

3. Hurts-All I want for Christmas is New Years Day
So unseasonal but I love this song. Such a simplistic tune on the surface which is easy to follow and really refreshing in such a crowded music scene. Some may say it's depressing but I think it's just looking to the future and ignoring the christian celebration we all get so obsessed with and looks to the facts about life that a new year is coming and we have plenty to look forward to. Love to Hurts for this tune, got me through the lovely Christmas period...

No comments:

Post a Comment