Friday 15 July 2011

She's Got You High

Friday 15th July
I'm getting quite consistent...that could sound so strange depending on how your mind works.

Mumma Ra-She's Got You High
Now reading the comments underneath just shows how little intuition people use when looking for new music now a days. It had to come from films, adverts or TV programs for them to listen to it. You'll never see someone comment "The Times newspaper brought me here" or "I read an online blog about this band and thought I'd check them out." We really do rely on the media to tell us what to listen to. Saying that I'm glad waitrose used this song in their advert as it really fits very well. The uplifting lightness of summer and the free feeling that comes with the summer holidays and long evenings. I first heard this song on a CD we had in the car and the advert bought it to my attention again I don't know when this song was released but it must have been 3 years ago I was listening to it, maybe even longer when I didn't know exactly what high meant. I had the innocent view it meant happy which is partly true I suppose. But yes a very lovely but potentially irritating song there. I quite like it though, funny little video too.

No comments:

Post a Comment