Tuesday 1 November 2011

Well the world is only a stage, and I'm just a man

James Vincent McMorrow-We Don't Eat
This has been my driving album since I got my car a month ago and it's been on my ipod since like 2010? Anyway it's glorious and there is now a video that goes rather fittingly with what I use it for. He has a wonderful voice and comes across as a very humble and wonderful man. He has however shaven his beard off, even if it is for Movember I do not approve!
I'm not sure what it's about and neither is he as I listened to an interview where he said even if he knew he inspiration he wouldn't tell anyone what it was as it would ruin their interpretations.

The Quiet Kind-In front of you
Pretty depressing slow, nostalgic, melancholy song but I really do like it. Despite the dreadfully American sound it has. And the over over exclamation of the "ever" and "front." Nice background music for breaking up with someone?

Life in disguise-The Slip
I like the folky sound to this guys voice and the way in which the guitar compliements his voice so nicely. It's pretty chilled and relaxing. I don't have a lot to say about either of the last two and this sit in the shadow of the first, rightfully so I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment