Saturday 29 October 2011

Though we may be too young

Ben Howard- Depth over Distance

Okay I had an amazing post made for this but my laptop crashed and lost it all. Anyway I saw Ben Howard at Scala on Wednesday and he is one of the best acts I've seen live, not for theatrics or stage presence but for the sheer amount of joy he bought to the faces and lives of the audience watching. He seemed to be having an awful amount of fun on stage (which was infectious) he did what he was there to do, give the audience one memorable performance. He has such a beautifully haunting quality about his voice, you can hear it reoccurring on you through out the night, not in a bad curry like way.

The fact he loves surfing and Bon Iver and that he is from Devon would make me love him but his dashing features, gentle approach and love for what he does makes me warm to him even more. Nature and love are two key themes in his lyrics and suggests he has a lot of love for everyone and everything, especially the sea; we have one thing in common already...I may be in with a chance. And yes I do imagine he is directly addressing me in his songs, doesn't everyone...? His band are pretty sweet as well, India and Chris, there's a real sense of mutual respect and friendship between them which is wonderful to see.
I am a little bit starstruck as I got eye contact at least twice. Pathetic, I know.
Anyway artist of the year? I think so, him or James Vincent McMorrow. It's been a good year for singer songwriters, finally.


I do want to ask him who built the water slide in his Keep your head up video, it's glorious and I WILL employ them to build me one for my 18th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment