Tuesday 11 October 2011

Hold on, hold on

Everybody Hurts-REM

Seriously un-me song today (don't get me wrong though I love REM), like ridiculously so but you know when you just need a bit of crying and need music to do it? This is my moping, selfish song that I can listen to. It does not make me cry, I'm not that soft but it's just calming and almost grounding. It just makes me think people have bigger problems than me. Yeah I'm just regurgitating what intelligent people say but how else can I put it...?
I just like the simplicity of this song and the way it just makes me calm down. I also like the length, it's perfectly long to make you realise it's playing and think. The way it almost rises to a positive ending to the song, the tune get's optimistic but it then cuts to the ambiguous ending. Both the lyrics, tune and screenplay are wonderful and marry very well together.
The real fighters honestly are the ones who go on living. Putting up with the shit day after day, living for the few and far between good experiences.


I love life, I really do I just get my self into ruts of misery born of my own bad moods which I can't get out of for a long time. Music helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment