Thursday 17 November 2011

Every time your back was turned, I'd put a finger in the air

and every time you turned around, I'd hide it cos I know it hurts

Wave Machines-Punk Spirit

These guys have seriously grown on me. Their music just doesn't get old. I could listen to it forever, they're just gloriously clever and create meaningful, interesting music. It's not churned out pop it's good rocky pop with a bit of a bite to it. Nothing too harsh now. He sounds like he is genuinely in pain when singing this song, not physical pain but emotional; like there's no point in life any more. His singing is not varied but this is more than made up for by the lyrics, tune and wa oh oh oo dotted in the song. I simply adore Wave Machines and next opportunity to see them live I am grabbing with both hands! The video is pretty snazzy too, it's refreshing.
Green Man 2009, yeah baby


No comments:

Post a Comment