Friday 11 November 2011

Wild, raaaarrr

I have done this one before but here it is again

But for today hmmm I am at a loss, actually I know exactly who I'm picking. Maybe even two.

Wild Beasts- Hooting and Howling

I have a feeling these guys were at Green Man, if not they sound like they should have been. This song is strangely beautiful and graceful in an ugly way. I like the electronic guitar noise in the middle with the hooting and howling which are reflected in the music wonderfully. It does sound raw and animalistic. His voice is a weird mixture of perfectly executed notes and just off eerie sounding ones which gives this song a feeling that stays with you long after you've listened to it.

Wild Swim- Another Night

Okay they don't even have a youtube video but these guys are brilliant. They're a set of 19 year olds (?) from Oxford who have created a wonderful sound. Again I heard about them from Ollie Russians blog (my band's better than yours) and I got hooked. He really does find some crackers. Was going to see them but the tickets had all sold out which is a shame. Next time maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment