Thursday 30 June 2011

27th-30th June

I'm going to have to look at the classic emo/rock/pop bands tonight. Massive cringe and to spark things off...

1. Good Charlotte-Girls & Boys
Such a standard song from my childhood. I would have been 8 when this came into being and at that vulnerable impressionable age and must have been seriously swayed by my friends into listening to this song. It's obviously had an impact as it has been ringing in my head all day. Crazy.

2. Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag
Not even joking this is probably the most classic song of my generation. Possibly the soundtrack to my generation in more ways than one; not only did we grow up with it but we sit around and do nothing all day. Literally so it's very fitting. I love it though, so American and so shit but kind of addictive like horrible sickly strawberry sweets that you keep taking another of despite their vile taste? You can't hate this song though it's too harmless and downright fun! Plus he has an awesome hat so is already a "winner."

3. My Chemical Romance-Welome to the Black Parade
I do believe this horrific song haunted my childhood. I hated it. It's depressing, satanical sound and unnecessarily strange lyrics. I still hate it little has changed so seriously, if you have any self worth or enjoy being remotely happy do not listen to this song. I have however included a link in case you like it...they're new stuff is more poppy and perhaps no better but I am looking forward to the bottling they're going to recieve at Reading this year. The video is like some failed copy of the nightmare before Christmas.


There we are a little early 2000's time warp. Little mix of the good and the not so good childhood influences I recieved from the wonderful music industry we have now. I do hope you enjoyed 2/3 of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment