Friday 10 June 2011

EXPLICIT

3 days to catch up on, 3 songs, I'm going to say it's manageable.
The Vaccines

1. The Feeling-Join with us
Ahh the feeling, they're bringing out another album this summer and I actually still love them. Very British and happy, even if the vocals are a little weak and some of the lyrics are a little lame. It's a kind of attempt at a druggy video but stopped at the realms of reality, a little like an Alice in Wonderland concept I think. This music doesn't really get old and although there's nothing I can analyse about the lyrics it's a keeper and an extremely enjoyable song. (even if all their stuff sounds the same)

2. Bastille-Flaws
Oooooh brand new music (well 5 months old but no album yet and only 2 songs=new music!) I love this, intriguing lyrics that can be literally taken at face value and should allow anyone to relate to them. The video is also wonderful, very strange film-I know what I'm doing this rainy Sunday! The lightness with which this electronic sound is played is exciting and fresh and it has a highly addictive sound, definitely one to watch as they're already 16th in the Alternative chart on Itunes- the only way is up.

3. The Vaccines-All in White
Gone for a pretty standard song here but I really like it. The lead singer has been around a while under the name of Jayjay Pistolet doing lots of indie stuff, the bassist is from the Horrors so they were destined to be good from the beginning. The video is what I want to concentrate on and it is a wonderful celebration of what it is to be young. Made me feel quite smug and happy sat here- I am going to have to do some of these things when I get the chance, maybe university as they look so liberating. The lyrics however almost all have double meanings, intricate double entendres are scattered amoungst what on the face of it are rather basic and understandable lyrics-which is evident by some of my friends who like the song; they're about as deep as a puddle. Back to the video, it is wonderful, EXPLICIT, but wonderful so do not watch if you are under 18 or may be offended.

I couldn't face Frank Turner today, maybe another time when I feel like spilling my adoring comments onto a page but not on a Friday and certainly not sober, not nearly half as much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment