Monday 13 June 2011

ahem

I'm getting quite lazy with this now but as long as I do it every now and then I should be able to keep up. I have a few songs I want to review but a few artists who need a little more time and attention than I have to give at this time.

1. Twin Atlantic- Lightspeed
Jesus! These guys have got a lot more views since I watched this last! First heard Twin Atlantic on Zane Lowe's show what must have been about 2 years ago now and I was instantly hooked. I think it was the accents. After following their movements for a while they are now playing Reading festival on the festival republic stage and are apparently incredible live so I'm in for a treat. It's a bit heavier than my usual stuff but has a catchy drum beat which I like ahha. I also like his jeans in this video.

2. Pulp-Common People
Ahh Pulp the godfather of festival music. Mellow yet enrapturing. XFM said today that whoever is going to Reading and Leeds is in for a treat as Pulp put on an incredible set at Isle of Wight. Saw Jarvis Cocker at Green Man a few years ago and he just captivated the audience and held their attention. Interacted and threw sweets at fully grown adults. It was wonderful. So back to the music, it must be good as my mum likes it and it's stood the test of time. FACT.

3. Stornoway-Zorbing
Wow these guys have grown too, again Green Man (they seem to churn out some quality music before it's hit the masses!) and at underage where they were cracking some wonderful stories about strange arrests.....They have been labelled the most intelligent band ever as all four went ot oxford university to study at some level. They're also incredibly shy and modest and just simply adorable! I'm glad they've made some progress as they definitely deserve it. The lyrics to some of their songs are wonderfully crafted and put to music expertly but as someone commented on the video "this ladies and gentlemen is what happiness sounds like." And I completely agree so uplifting and joyous like all of their songs. This is one song I don't want to listen to too much incase I cause it to bore me and I begin to dislike it. God forbid that day comes. (Fuel Up is my favourite song by them)

I will tackle Frank Turner, Nick Drake ( who I'm doing some English coursework on) and Damien Rice at some other time when I have plentiful time to spend on them. Perhaps in the summer holidays midst constructing a bed, learning to skateboard properly and going on numerous bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment