Friday 19 August 2011

The thrill of the chase and all that.

Why is it whenever I discover a sick new band they split up/have split up. Thanks to Last FM I heard these guys about 3 months ago and proceeded to discover they had split up. Sad times. The main singer is now working on a new project (www.bearsdenmusic.co.uk) which is interesting. They remind me of a more vocally gifted Bright Eyes. I really do love their music and so I shall do two songs of theirs and another in this post, ooh spoiling myself.
Never love again-more upbeat and racy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RmxAbRzQo
Let yourself love (I need to do this, more in the other blog soon) - calmer and deeper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs7DkxT0JZc&feature=related

"It's just another dream, just another nightmare. Except you forgot to close your eyes""

And now Mystery Jets. This song is how I feel right now. Young love is ridiculous I know but at the time it feels like the only thing in the world. Like you've never felt so happy but you know it's because you will never see that person again that is keeping the memory of them so happy? The chase and the feeling that you will never be satisfied and be with them is thrilling is a little distressing and it's this feeling we (I) really like, if painful at times. Like the anticipation of an event is better than the event itself and the feeling of chasing something you can't have is the best part. Sad but true, I'm always out for new experiences and not get stagnant and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment