Tuesday 23 August 2011

Guts for garters

James Vincent McMorrow- We don't eat
I am in love with this mans voice. So so so inspiring and beautiful. You can hear the emotion bursting through every word, it's almost painful to listen to but he saves it just in time to make it simply stunning. He sounds so chilled like he's sat alone somewhere singing for his own pleasure and to keep his own company. These are the types of people who make the world go round and keep my faith in humanity alive; they keep my faith that not everyone is a sell out and people still have morals. Charming man, he has hints of James Morrison but he's better in my opinion. I don't really like the increase in pace of this song it ruins the subtly of his voice but he regains it towards the end and rounds the song of wonderfully.
Cool remix too which is on the vinyl ahah, that is the sign of a proper artist who appreciates others work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlJjXpHPKA

Dry the River-Night Owls
As Reading is this weekend and my excitement is building I thought I'd give a small band who don't fit with the traditional Reading sound a bit of a review. These guys are adorable and actually, in my opinion very good and I think they will be pretty big on the acoustic indie scene in the coming years. There is a real tenderness to their music which makes it sound very genuine. As they're relatively unknown I hope to be right at the front at 3pm on Friday at the Festival Republic Stage, may get a cheeky wink in there if I'm feeling up to it! Any way I love this song and they have a lovely sound and feeling to their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment