Wednesday 11 January 2012

The shepherd instead of the lamb

All The Eastern Girls- Chapel Club

84,000 or so views! What is wrong with the world. These guys are the most adorable band ever! They got up on stage at Reading and were humble and thankful and gorgeous with their strange folky, dance music. Bless them. He also does not look like the type of person I imagined to sing in this band, I was a little taken a back when I saw him on stage. He's so skinny! Literally flesh and bone yet how that voice comes out of that nimble, slight frame I don't know! It was a nice surprise. He reminds me a little of the Maccabees lead singer who wears a flat peak whilst singing wonderfully about love and toothpaste kisses. He has an interestingly heavy voice, it's not only deep it's almost staining. Pretty sound lyrics also.


I like how everyone clasifies this as "indie" it's not. Indie is not a genre as it means individual and surely most musicians are. They make music that appeals to them and the fact they create it makes it individual. I would say this is folk pop if I had to categorise it. I also love reading the comments on videos, some people do have too much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment