Monday 23 January 2012

Deathconsciousness

Have a nice life-Bloodhail

You get this song on the second listen. Trust me and do it.

The first is a little bit eerie and disturbing and I can understand people turning off in the first few bars thinking "What the fuck was that noise?" You have to actually listen to the music. That's the beautiful, mesmerising thing about it. You can't let it wash over you like average pop or listen to the lyrics intently as I do with acoustic music. It's a bit Radiohead feeling. Experimental, verging on the awful but balancing on the beautiful. It evokes a number of emotions in me. This is the perfect self indulgent record to be peacefully played on a car journey in the dark to a boyfriends house. It is not music you should listen to with other people. At least not the people I know, they would not understand it. That makes me sound like I'm a massive music snob, which in a way I am. I like to enjoy the best quality music I can find and indulge myself in it. As one may do with chocolate or ice cream. Instead of these dietary disasterous indulgences I find myself drearily wonderful music to listen to. And yes, I listen to it completely on my own.

Even the eerie haunting tone of the lyrics is perfect. It is a relatively simple album full of complexly beautifully disjointed masterpieces. It's simple in that they are having fun conveying their feelings and musical tastes. Yet the complexity in chords, construction and lyrics is what keeps me going back for more and more.

I like the fuzzy radio silence noise behind this track in particular. And the layering is to die for. Just wow.

Okay it's ages since a song has made my hairs stand on end and my skin tingle but this one has. My limbs have become completely relaxed and I feel like I'm in some strange yoga class or something. Literally the most relaxing thing I've ever listened to I think.
This is definitely one of the best albums I've listened to in a while and I'm upset I've only come across their music now, 2 years after this albums release date.

Tip: Do nothing else whilst listening to these three tracks and do them in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment