Monday 16 January 2012

Earth stands still

I've been meaning to do this post for a long time.

Lana Del Rey and I blame Coco are very similar. Although I personally think I blame Coco is slightly better...

I can't remember when I downloaded I blame Cocos song self machine...it must have been a year and a half ago as I remember discussing the remix with a friend in the sixth form common room so it can't have been earlier than that. Infact it was as I remember looking up the video and being a little confused by it as I'd seen it on a music channel and those stopped in like the summer of year 11...hmm well anyway I like her voice and her music but when I heard Lana Del Rey it took me a while to put the two together but they have a very similar sound and message I feel.

Lana Del Rey has hit our screens and ears in a big way that I blame Coco never could and I'm not entirely sure why, her voice is strong enough and her lyrics different enough to create a stir in the music world and she was making it bigger than Miss Del Rey 2 years ago. I guess it's all trends but I'm glad these ladies are getting some of the recognition they deserve.

Self Machine-
I am a little bit in love with I blame Coco though, she is a beautiful human being with a gorgeous voice. And her surly look is just wonderful.
Born to die-
Though having just relistened to her voice I am falling a lil bit in love, especially with this song. Her message is similar to Angela Carters I think, but much more beautifully put.

No comments:

Post a Comment