Thursday 2 August 2012

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean

Should I be embarrassed?
Yes.
Am I?
Certainly not!

I remember this came out on the Now whatever around April when I was about 11/12 and my dad hated it and took the piss and said he sounded like a sheep baaaing when he was singing. I can see what he means but I insisted It actually has the potential to be a really depressing song but it never hits me quite where it should. Not sure why.
I also like I hope you dance, it may be the creepiest and cheesiest video ever but I really enjoy the song. It's the sort of song that if you could guarantee no one would hear you you would belt it out at the top of your voice. The chorus where he goes "I hope you dance, it's the way the constellation goes" (or something similar) That I just want to shout every time. Really get some piped up aggression out.
If tomorrow never comes
I hope you dance

No comments:

Post a Comment