Wednesday 13 June 2012

No, no this is not a piano. This is a dream.

God it's been ages.

I have been a bit of a technological recluse as my laptop broke on me and I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I believe this says more about my personality than any one ever could. I'm essentially a lazy shit who resents technology and is mildly baffled by it. I can however make my way around a keyboard and Youtube is getting easier. Today I'm going to refocus my blog a little and take a trip down the trance, drum and bass and electronic route. It's a brand new experience for me so it may be a little rocky.

I posted what I considered a bit of trance last September? ahh here it is oh October, anyway Oliver Tank is a bit trippy and his music is the first of the sort I listened to and I've become a bit of a fan. Can I classify Bon Iver ft James Blake as trance? Yes, I shall. This collaboration opened my eyes a little more however Oliver Tank is still my favourite. He puts his work together with such fragility that it does break you a little bit to listen to but, like all great song, it rebuilds you to something better than what you were before. It compliments and adds to your life.
Wow! 'Last night I heard everything in slow motion' had 9000 views in October and that has rocketed to over 100,000! I'm so pleased. I pride myself on one thing: not being selfish with my discoveries. If I like music it's more than likely someone else will too and I love sharing it with people. Of course I love the feeling of delving into the unknown not knowing what I'm going to find and finding something truly magical. I like that I am the most music savvy of (I'd like to say my whole year, is that arrogant? Well shoot me down) my whole year. Class line in Past Present Future; "no, no this is not piano; this is dream"
This music certainly is dream like the way it floats from bar to bar interspersed with silence and drops and heavy rhythms of notes. It's making my head almost heavy with the weight of the sounds. The flow is astounding. Oliver Tank is a genius and one to watch I believe, I certainly will be-for when he visits the UK.

Here are some of his songs:
(15 minutes) Past Present Future- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgDtSDNJhg&feature=related
Help you breathe-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3x-J1ppTEE&feature=related
Dreams of fish and waterfalls- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4Wq33Tpj0&feature=related
I love you-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbs8ye7UDps&feature=related
And you can see my other post for his most popular song, which is still my favourite.
Ooooh edit, perhaps a new fave? The Last Time- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnU70aXnko&feature=relmfu

No comments:

Post a Comment