Friday 29 June 2012

Moving and growing?

So Bastille have gone to Vevo. 

Fair enough but when I'm watching a video as disturbing and interesting as this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoNYlV07Cf8 I don't want Nicki Minaj's (?) face with her excessively long eyelashes looking across at me. I prefer their old videos on their original youtube account. I'm not against change only when change influences what is produced and 'flaws' is still my favourite and the video is so organic and make shift rather than being directed like the recent one, the "Please don't take this down....Lets finish what we started" involves the audience and makes you feel as though you are part of some revolution. You're not of course, it's hardly anarchic rock but it's like you've been allowed into the little club if you don't remove the boxes.C Bastille are still making some fab music though so until they digress I won't complain (too much)

fuck nearly half a million views! crazy, good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment