Wednesday 11 July 2012

We walk blind and we try to see, falling behind in what could be

James Vincent McMorrow-Higher Love

I genuinely thought this was the original of the song. He has changed the sound of the song so much it's incredible. I only realised it was a cover when my friend played me the original and was like this is such a happy summer song and I recognised it from somewhere. The words happy and summer don't exactly spring to mind when I think of this version. Wistful and heart wrenching are perhaps more appropriate, I guess that fits aha I do love to wallow!
This is the kind of cover I love as it is so different it is almost an entirely new song, unlike some covers which are more like mediocre imitations e.g. Birdy's cover of Bon Iver-Skinny Love.
James Vincent McMorrows version

Steve Winwoods version

No comments:

Post a Comment