Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lippy

Elbow-Lippy Kids (Build a rocket boys)

You'd never have guessed I've just had the best holiday of my life would you. Or maybe you would as I've just got back and I'm feeling very depressed. This song upsets me as it reminds me that I have essentially had the best days of my life. The days where I had no responsibility and no cares. I'm now venturing into adulthood and it's petrifying I have no idea what I want to do in the next 6 months let alone in the long run. I just had the last holiday with all my school friends I ever will and it upsets me to think I'm never going to go back to school and be able to mess around without there being any consequences. Of course everyone says we're moving onto bigger and better things but I really don't think I am at all. I don't like forced change and that is exactly what this is I'm being forced to grow up. You may say I'm being pathetic and I just need to grow up but there is a reason my favourite character in any disney movie isn't a princess who finds prince charming, it's Peter Pan the boy who never grew up and was without love. If I could be this age forever I would give anything for it. Including never finding love. I admit I still have quite a few years to mess around and sort my life out, a lot of the most interesting people I know still don't really know what they're doing with their lives and they're going on 30. Ahh well I can moan all I like but it won't change society will it? I think I need to get friendly surfers who do fuck all all day and act like they're still 18.

Lippy Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment