Tuesday 31 May 2011

American English-Idlewild

Tuesday 31st May

I love established bands who have being going for a while and continue to make brilliant music throughout and don't sell out to the mainstream shit just to sell records. They enjoy what they do and they get by on it. This is what I believe Idlewild have done; I personally love their music the way it flows from verse to chorus to verse. The lyrics are also beautifully and intriguingly written I think that every time I hear/read them I gleam another meaning from them "contracting American dream" certainly is like catching a disease the win eat all costs ethic and the riches ideology they have is very concerning in the way riches are all that seem to matter. Roddy Woomble is now partaking on his own journey alone and has taken a slightly more folk turn to his work. The accent that comes through in they're songs is wonderful, adds a nice bit of regionality to the music although the accent isn't as strong as Paolo Nutini's it is still a refreshing, glorious sound that I personally find very appealing. Scottish comes in a close third after South African and Irish for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment