Tuesday 27 December 2011

Do you notice when you're sad?

I've been useless I know and I don't know why I'm posting this now as I have no new songs to post. I'm thinking about people I've been listening to recently and I can't think of anyone. God damn you Christmas, you've killed my brain.

Here goes, I don't even remember if I've posted this before but hey ho.

Keaton Henson-(Any of his songs but for this post) You Don't know how lucky you are
Most of this song could have been written for/about me. I hate physical contact:

"You don't like to be touched,
Let alone kissed"

I do feel so misunderstood sometimes, by myself and everyone else, and these lyrics reassure me that I'm not alone:

"Do you know who you are?
Do you laugh just to know what you lack?"

And this final line is intriguing. The whole song he seems to have been hinting that she is with the wrong man yet at the end he says
"D0es his love make you head spin?" suggesting it does and that they are right for each other. Strange.

He also has a fabulous beard rivaling Mr McMorrows. I saw a link about him on twitter then a from My Bands Better Than Your Bands blog I was reminded of his fragile voice and intriguing lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment